Sunday, July 26, 2009

Travels and Trains

We have arrived in Alaska. Technically we got here late last night but we didn't actually get to my parent’s house until early this morning. We had a very uneventful trip. Getting through security was a breeze. I don't think it’s ever been that easy since having kids. Everyone was really nice and helpful.

This was right before we went through security. I planned the boys matching outfits but it was totally by accident that I also ended up wearing yellow and blue. My mom was also wearing a yellow shirt with jeans. A couple people commented on how smart it was to all match so we could find each other. So funny since it was a total accident.

We ended up being an hour late leaving Spokane. Out inbound flight was late and then they had some problem that maintenance wanted to check out. We ended up sitting on the ground in the plane for almost an hour. Thankfully the boys were both really good! And since we had a 6-hour layover in Seattle we weren't stressed for time!

Jonathan and I spent part of our layover riding the underground train system in the SeaTac airport. He had so much fun. We checked out other terminals, watched airplanes, and rode trains for nearly an hour. Jason slept back at our gate with my mom. Jonathan and I had a really good time together. While we were riding we saw a guy in a full tux running through the airport to catch the train. He ended up in our car and I asked if he was going to or coming from the wedding. He said he was coming from and trying to catch the last flight back home. He had clothes with him and was hoping he had time to change before getting on his plane.

When we first got on the train we couldn't get a spot to sit at the front of the train so we stood. There were a couple of pilots on the train with us and they were quite amused at how excited Jonathan was to ride the train. I'm sure they do this all the time so it is just a part of the job to them.

Once we got a seat Jonathan spent most of his time with his nose pressed up against the glass watching as we literally went around in circles. He had so much fun and by the time we got back to our gate we had enough time to get me coffee and go to the bathroom before getting on our flight to Fairbanks.


Dan said...

Too bad I couldn't be with you on this leg of the journey. I'll have to go for a spin with him on our way back. Love ya, miss ya.

He looks stinkin' adorable with his nose pressed to the glass like that.

April, Tom, Aarynn, and Lily said...

What a great adventure! I am so glad for you that the boys were good for the delay!