Monday, July 27, 2009

A Sprinkleful of Fun

We don't have much of a yard at our house in Pullman. The biggest area we have for the boys to play is our driveway if we pull both cars out. And even then the driveway isn't much to ride a trike around. It's pretty small.

My parents have a huge yard and a huge driveway. There is so much space that poor Jonathan didn't know what to do with himself when we sent him out in the back yard alone while we worked on dinner. He ran out of things to do in less than 5 minutes and came back in. After dinner we all headed out to play with a golf set that my mom got him, or so we thought. And then Jason caught sight of the sprinkler running down the the corner of the yard. He spotted that sprinkler and water and he was off and Jonathan was right there with him.

Despite the fact that the water was cold the boys played happily in the sprinkler for almost 15 minutes. Jason sat down in the wet grass and got totally soaked by the water. He was even sticking he tongue out trying to catch the water. It was adorable. Jonathan ran around in and out of the sprinkler laughing the whole time.


The water in this picture is AMAZING!
I love Jason's expression in that last picture. I can't even begin to think of what was going though his mind but he was obviously amused.

As I stood there watching my boys run through the sprinkler in my parents back yard I couldn't help but think of my own childhood. I spent hours in the summer playing in the sprinkler. The neigbor girls and I would lay out in the sun, invent games, dance, and run through the sprinkler all summer long. We thought we were pretty darn cool back then. What wonderful memories!
I looked through my parents photo albums and found this one of me taken Summer of 1986. This was just after I turned 4 which is how old Jonathan is now. I can't wait to show him this picture and tell him of the fun I had at his age.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Can't help but smile at that. I'm glad they're having fun. 5 more days, and I'll be there too. Hope the boys stay happy for ya!

Books = Possibilities said...

How fun!!! I love that you posted a picture of you running in the sprinklers! Too cute!