Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ears and Shoulders

Oh what a week this has been. Three of the four of us have been to the doctor and one of us went twice. Trip 1 - Monday Jason went to the dr about his ears. Trip 2 - Last Friday (Feb 6) was senior night for basketball. Some of the students that Dan and I are close to are seniors so we packed up our two kids plus the one we were babysitting and headed off to the game. Most of the evening was spent with a kid on my left hip. This meant that my right arm was across my body to help support heavy children. Saturday I could barely move my arm and over the course of the week my arm kept hurting worse and worse. So Thursday I went to the dr and found out that all the muscles in my shoulder are inflamed. I now have a referral for massage therapy. I'm a little excited about that prospect! Trip 3 - Shortly after I left the Dr on Thursday Dan called me to say that his ears hurt and everything sounded kinda funny. So off to the dr he went. He came home with an ear infection, sinus infection and retracted ear drum. Trip 4 - Friday, while Dan and I were at MCL, my MIL notice that Jason was really sensitive about his left ear. Saturday morning he wouldn't let anyone touch the left side of his head. I'm so glad that our dr's office is open on Saturday and even better this week our beloved dr was the one in the office. He took a look at Jason's ear and then looked at us and asked if Jason had been spending a lot of time in the swimming pool. Ummm no, why? Turns out Jason has swimmers ear. Apparently if you produce an over abundance of ear wax (which Jason does) you can get swimmers ear from taking a bath. So now we have to be very careful and put drops of olive oil in his ear to keep the wax from building up too much.

I realized today that I haven't been taking very many pictures. I have a load of homework due Tuesday but I'm going to get back on the picture taking, I promise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that there were so many doctor visits, but it sounds like everything is "fixable", so that is good!

I hope that the massage therapy is as nice as it sounds! :) All mommies need a massage once in a while -- teachers (and teachers-to-be) need them too!
-Shaunna

Kristen said...

A prescription for massages!! That's awesome! I'm a massage therapist. I wish we lived near each other. I would love to take care of those inflamed muscles.

I propose that this be a much better week for all of you with no more doctor appointments!

Kelli W said...

We have been going through the same stuff at our house. Two of my boys have ear infections, and I have tendonitis in my left arm {from carrying around my 20 lb. 5 month old!!}. I hope the massage therapy helps, all I got were some pain pills!