Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Avoidance



I have this big, epic journey that we took this summer that I really need to start blogging about. I mean we moved from Washington to Alaska and we DROVE. That's quite the trip, trust me! But I just keep avoiding writing about it. It's not that I don't want to its that there is so much to write about I'm not really sure where the beginning of the story is. And so I avoid by posting cute pictures of stories of the boys. Tomorrow I will find a place to begin the story of our journey. For now enjoy a cute picture of our family.
Before we moved we took a trip to Seattle. Partly to pick up my mom at the airport, party to visit some friends, partly to see the Air and Space Museum and the Space Needle, and partly to see a Mariners game. (We lost Jonathan at the Mariners game but that's a story for another day, I PROMISE!) This picture was taken on the observation deck of the Space Needle. It was my third trip up and the view never gets boring. It's just so beautiful looking out over Puget Sound.

I have a bit of a love affair with the Space Needle. There was a time when every flight out of the state of Alaska passed through Seattle. So every time we traveled I flew by the Space Needle and looked upon it with awe. I always wanted to go to to the top but we NEVER left the airport. Now that I've been to the top three times I can say that it was well worth the wait. And it's still my favorite feature of the Seattle skyline.

2 comments:

wholarmor said...

Every time we visit Seattle, I talk about wanting to go up in the Space Needle. Some day I will. You and those cute kids will be missed!

Books = Possibilities said...

Tom and I were just talking about how we want to take a family vacay to Seattle. The Space Needle will definitely be on the list!

I look forward to hearing your moving story. I know the drive FROM Alaska is long but oh-so-beautiful. And we did it so quickly, we barely enjoyed anything.