Friday, May 1, 2009

We made it

We are here in Portland. The trip was very uneventful. Dan and I listened to a book on CD and I am hooked. Have any of y'all ever read Eragon? I'm not usually one for fantasy (I didn't get more than half way through Harry Potter before I put it down) but I am absolutely hooked on this book. Perhaps its the guy reading it, his voice is great and really brings the characters to life. All I know is that with the exception of about 20 minutes I was awake the whole 6 hours in the car. Pretty amazing since I had only had 4 hours of sleep the night before.

Anyway we have a fun and busy weekend ahead of us so I probably won't post again until Monday. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Any fun plans?

4 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Good that you made it just fine and dandy! I haven't read Eragon, yet. Aarynn has and loved it. It is another on my ever-growing summer reading list!!!!! I liked the movie.

Have fun this weekend!!!

Erin J said...

I too liked the movie and the book (series actually) is on my to-read list. Glad your trip went well!

Kristen said...

You have me completely intrigued to read or listen to Eragon.

We don't have much planned for the weekend, which is great!! We've had too many busy weekends lately. It's nice to stay home and have a simplified agenda.

MarksMomma said...

I loved the Eragon books! The fourth (and supposedly last) book is still being written... the third one gets pretty bloody, but still a darn good story! I "read" the first two as audio books, (the guy who plays Xavier in the X-men was the reading voice). I actually thought the movie was pretty cheezy, they left out a bunch, and added a bunch.