Thursday, December 4, 2008

Bed Time

Jonathan will do absolutely anything to keep himself awake at bedtime. Tonight was rather funny to me (probably because I was an observer and not actually involved)

JD: Daddy come here.

Dan opens the door to the boys room which squeaks as you open it.

Dad: What JD? You need to be asleep.

JD: That noise is keeping me awake.

Dad: What noise?

JD: The squeak.

Dad: What squeak?

JD: The squeak when you opened the door.

Dad: But the door only squeaked because I opened it to see what you wanted.

JD: Yeah but the squeak is keeping me awake.

Dad: But, wait, what!?

JD: Make the squeak stop.

Dad: Ok I'm leaving.

Closes squeaky door.

JD: (from inside his room) I told you to make it stop the squeak is keeping me awake.

Crazy kid!

6 comments:

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

That is absolutely HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!

Kristen said...

That is funny! I am still laughing!!

Bobbi said...

HAHAHA oh my gosh. I can totally picture this! I laughed so hard when I read this. That kid is just too smart hahaha.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

ROFLOL Sounds like my kind of kid!

Kacey Bode said...

That is so funny and smart : ) I can so picture Hunter saying something like that. These boys, too smart for their own good!!

MarksMomma said...

LOL, that's really funny, Ann. Hey, a few drops of olive oil or even better, sewing-machine oil on the hinge will take care of the squeak, at least temporarily...
:o)