Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lego Advent Calendar - Things I Love Thursday

As mom of two little boys Lego and Duplo blocks are just part of daily life around here. On occasion Dan and I will even get involved in the building. Ok, who am I kidding, sometimes the kids have a hard time getting the Lego blocks away from us. What can I say there is something so fun about sitting down with a random pile of blocks and seeing what can be built.

When I saw the Lego City Advent Calendar in the store it was a no brainer to buy it and bring it home. And so I did, in September. For the last 2+ months the calendar has been sitting in the top of my closet waiting for December 1 to roll around. I wrapped it up and put it under the tree for a few days (yes I had my tree up and decorated before December 1) and the anticipation from my two boys grew each day. To say they were excited about the calendar would be understating their emotions. And honestly I'm excited too. I have absolutely NO idea what we will end up with after we open all 24 little doors and I can't wait to find out. It has been so fun each day opening the door, building the piece, and watching things taking shape.

Here is what we have built in the first 7 days of December: two people, what looks like a jail cell, a snowball launcher, a skateboard, two packages and a Christmas tree. I'll make sure to post a picture of everything once we've opened all the doors.

No comments: